Saturday, February 10, 2007

Of Women & Bitches

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Arora writes:

"Shlomo, It is definitely heartening that you try not to objectify women/people in your own life. To be honest, though, in reading some of your posts, I find some paragraphs to be laced with subtle misogony."

Well Arora, there are two sorts of women. There are those who display a general sense of decency, compassion, or integrity throughout their lives, seeking the better in themselves and others, while trying to establish identity in an overwhelmingly patriarchal society. There is yet another group of women who, if you may have noticed from earlier posts, we can refer to as 'lying-ass, no-good, scheming opportunistic bitches' who use the very systems society established in order to protect a woman's interest as a weapon for personal gain or revenge.

You know who I am talking about here. I know exactly how to treat a woman. I also have learned, the hard way mind you, exactly what to do when confronted with a 'bitch', and never fear to point out those predators among the 'fairer sex' who use victimhood (or womanhood) as a shield or smokescreen for greed or personal vendetta. I am always wary of the damsel in distress and wonder what it was exactly that led her to be locked up. I much prefer women who wear armor and ride alongside me into battle. I have a feeling this man-woman thing was always meant to be more or less an equality-based venture.

Stupid metaphor maybe, but you get the idea.

You'd be right to assume that I look down upon women who try to 'play' the victim or manipulate typical male attitudes for their benefit. That's because I imagine the possibility of what could be to be less likely than the probability of what will be. I think we can both do better than relying on old stereotypes and outdated social norms. There are real victims out there whose causes are hurt every time a bad woman does something awful using their good name.

Peace!

No comments: