Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dear Believer

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Affirm as you might in ardent fervor
Upon the command of one All-Seeing
Please assuage my doubts
As to the exact whereabouts
Of this Omni-Present Almighty being

Seeking everlasting reward in afterlife's bliss
Lips whispering meek supplications
But superstitious pretense
Makes not one lick of sense
While He hides from His own creations

To an invisible taskmaster solemnly sworn
Devoted to cause and holy conviction
Yet the nature of that friend
Upon whom you depend
Remains to me merely a lackluster fiction

Abandon all hope for my eternal salvation
For by Reason shall I continue in living
Should sound judgment lapse
Only then sadly perhaps
Will I ever require another's forgiving

SL

1 comment:

Sholom said...

Well-written.