Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Moving

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am still in the midst of moving from the Detroit home to Sterling Heights. There is quite some distance between them and with my work schedule being rather full, it is difficult to make more than two or three trips up per week to make repairs and transfer my meager belongings into the new house. Aside from that, there have been the perfunctory holiday obligations i.e. business parties, friends, and Janice's family gatherings to attend. Each year they seem increase in number and duration. At least they serve alcohol.

As if I didn't have enough to worry about already, I have been fighting this very nasty and determined cold along the way. I suspect it was triggered by an allergic reaction to the dust and mold that had accumulated in the new home's ill-maintained furnace. After spending the better part of last Monday taking apart, cleaning, and rewiring the furnace of the Sterling Heights home, I began to cough and develop a severe sore throat. This is my fault for not wearing a dust mask. The blower and motor were covered in 3/4 of an inch of sheer crap and struggled to spin at all. I probably saved myself several hundred dollars in repairs and heating costs with one day of solid cleaning. I suppose, in hindsight, it's worth sneezing and coughing for a week.

So, I'm not as far ahead in painting and patching as I'd like to be and I'd prefer be installing the new windows or putting on the deck right now. We are also short-handed at work and there is no time off available for me to use, even were I to have the vacation time. Fortunately, there is no real hurry and Janice is super-organized when comes to packing and moving. I would be lost without her help.

Kol Tuv

(More updates to come!)

2 comments:

Chaim Chusid said...

I would love to help,, virtually!

CC

Uzi Silber said...

i presume your move is complete. so you used to live in detroit proper? oh boy.
nyapikores.blogspot.com